About the company
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. We offer exciting employment opportunities with significant upward potential for the motivated individual in a leading multinational company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents. The business area Extruded Solutions supplies aluminium profiles and profile based solutions in applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships.
Innovation &Technology – I&T is Extruded Solution’s research organization, working with development of material, processes and product applications. We have 90 highly educated and experienced employees throughout the world, including physicists, chemists, metallurgists, mechanical engineers and advanced technicians. To maintain our competence and strengthen our modelling and simulation capabilities we are now looking for a research engineer to our R&D centre in Finspång, Sweden.
You can find more information about Hydro on www.hydro.com
As CAE research engineer in Hydro Extruded Solutions you will work with varied CAE related work in R&D projects with simulation of Hydro´s processes or products. In this position you are also expected to be involved in a high degree of experimental testing in our R&D lab environment. You will also provide support to product development projects with simulation tools towards Hydro´s customers on several markets globally. The position involves taking part in collaboration projects towards universities and research institutes. This is a position for you who wants an exciting work with large freedom and possibilities to develop in a true research environment.
The position responsibility covers:
- Responsible for one or more R&D projects
- Project management skill to plan, coordinate, execute and report results
- Supports transfer and implementation of R&D results when applicable
- Build up professional networks incl. contacts with Universities/Institutes and external research organisations
- Possess an innovative sprit with skills to define and propose new ideas, projects to the R&D portfolio within the competence area
For this position you should have minimum a Masters degree in mechanical engineering, material science or similar field.
- You have experience from working with metal forming processes
- You have knowledge and experience from using FE simulation technologies in metal forming
- You are used to correlate your work with simulations by planning and carrying out experimental testing
- You have ability to analyze data, find correlations and develop mathematical models to describe complex processes
- You have experience with material modelling and metals plasticity. Experience from prediction of ductile fracture in material models is a plus.
- You have experience from working with CAE-tools such as Altair Hypermesh, LS-dyna, Impetus, Q-form, Solidworks or similar.
- Knowledge in aluminum material-/alloy-development and microstructure is a plus.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach a technically diverse audience using formal and informal techniques.
For this position you should be thorough, analytical and flexible. You should be able to work independently with your projects and take responsibility for the planning and the results of your work. It is also important that you are service minded and can collaborate well with your colleagues and customers around the world.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please contact Andreas Assisi (Department manager), firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bibbi Svärd (HR), email@example.com
Hydro collaborates with Skill in the recruitment process. Please note that we work with ongoing selection and that the position may be filled before the last application date, therefore we encourage you to apply for the position today.
For questions regarding the position, please contact responsible recruiter Petra Pyk, firstname.lastname@example.org.